Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of Preschool


Today was William's first day back at preschool. He is attending First Baptist Church of Alexandria Preschool which is the same school he went to last year. Now that he's a big 2 year old, he goes 3 days a week from 10-2 instead of just 2 days a week. He's been fired up about school since we went to the open house last Friday. So, I had a feeling the whole event would be pretty painless!


As we drove in the car, William said, "Mama, you pack a fruit bar and some carrot chips for William?" I assured him that he'd like his lunch and I even put in a surprise (fruit loops) to celebrate the first day of school. We got to school right on time and headed straight to his classroom. His teacher greeted him with a smile and William said, "hi!" and marched right on in. He made a B-line for the race cars and never looked back!



The first day of school is one of my favorite "life events" and it is even more exciting for me to watch William embark on this great adventure. I know he's happy and thriving, but the mama in me wishes that he'd stay home with me forever.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates