Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Movin' on up to a full size!



For several months, William has enjoyed taking his nap on the floor or on the full bed that we keep in his room. I think the full bed was just interesting to him and the floor was appealing because that is how they nap at school. I never really cared where he wanted to fall asleep (assuming the choice was safe) because I just wanted him to take a nap or go to bed for the night! If he wanted to sleep on the full bed for a nap, I would just lay pillows all around him once he was asleep and that way I felt like he wasn't going to fall off. If he wanted to sleep on the full bed (or floor) at night, I would let him but then I would put him in the crib after he was out and this way I knew he'd be safe for the duration of the night.



The last couple of weeks, he's been insisting on going to bed at night in the full bed and "not in my cribby mom mom. William takes a night night on the big bed."




So, I gave it a go.


He's been sleeping in his full bed since Friday, the 18th. I found some airplane bedding accessories to make the bed extra special and William LOVES it! He is so proud! I still worry about him falling off the bed, but for the time being we have one rail up along the side of the bed and then we just put big pillows around him. Welcome to the big boy leagues William! You're movin' on up!

1 comments:

the boatman family said...

I love the airplane bedding! So cute!!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates