Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A day in the life of a pilot

Rise and shine! It's time to brush my teeth.

I hit the park for a little exercise before the big flight.


I always arrive at the aircraft carrier 2 hour early to check my bags and visit with
the other pilots.


I go over the flight plan with my Co-Pilot, Dan. You can tell by my expression that I am a little bored. Dan hasn't been on the job as long as me. He's still learning the ropes.

Finally, I hit the cafeteria for some grub. I don't like to fly on an empty stomach!

Back at the aircraft carrier, I go over my airplane inspection. Every now and then I need to make a few repairs before take off. Safety first folks.


Captain Barron reporting for duty!

I fly the plane all the way to the bookstore in Maryland. Here I am in a pitch, yaw and roll.

After unloading the plane, I have a few minutes to stretch my feet so I decide to stop by the bookstore and pick up a 500 page reference book called
AIRCRAFT OF THE WORLD, A complete guide.
Just some light airport reading.


I also get a drink of milk before boarding my return flight to VA. Strong Bones, Healthy Body.

I also took a bathroom break while wearing my hat, but
Captain Mom Mom won't post it.


Once again, I go over the flight details with my Co-Pilot, Dan. Again, this guy is a rookie and needs to see pictures of the airplanes where as I can ID all of them by their tails.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. Thanks for flying American Airlines. I should have you at Reagan Airport on time. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on another flight soon."

Ahh, it's great to be home!

Good night! I am dreaming about the flight!




0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates