Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just a few of my favorite things...

We are back from a very merry WHITE CHRISTMAS in Oklahoma. I will post more about our wonderful trip after I download all my pictures. So, stay tuned.

Meanwhile, as I was unpacking 4 suitcases and sorting through December mail and other "stuff," I came across an informal interview that I did with William before we left for Oklahoma.

To give you some background, I have VERY fond memories of my dad pulling out a spiral notebook at the dinner table and going around the room asking my brother and sister and me all about our favorite things. He 'd write the answers down and note the date and our age at the time of the interview. We did this about 2 or 3 times a year and each time we'd open the notebook, everyone got a kick out of what they said when they were 6, 7, 8, etc. years old. I consider that childhood memory as one of my most "favorite things" about my dad.


So, one night Dan was working late and William and I were eating dinner when I started asking him about his favorite things. I wrote down exactly what he said for each answer even though I think some of them are not as accurate as they should be. But, some of the random answers are exactly what make this interview such a fun memory.

William Barron - 2.5 Years old Dec. 3rd, 2009

"My Favorites"

  • color - purple
  • animal - giraffe
  • airplane - American Airlines
  • number- 8
  • food- chicken
  • candy - chocolate kinda like Junior Mints
  • train - airport train and metro train
  • toy - Bebe's house has the airplane called Tonka
  • friend - Zack and Ava
  • car - my red car
  • thing about preschool - toys
  • thing to do with Dada - watch airplanes
  • thing to do with Mom Mom - ride in the car
  • book - ABC airplane book
  • song - Jesus Loves Me and ABC song
  • Thomas trains - Henry and Gordon
  • about Bebe - hugs me
  • about Pops - P is for Pops, X is for x-ray
  • about Gram - has a front porch
  • about Bubba - he's 8.5 years old
  • drink - water and milk
  • at night - read crazy books. tons of them
  • about morning - sun's up and it's a nice day
  • to wear - my pilot costume
  • place to go in the car - airport
  • on a trip - Bebe's house
  • about Santa - he's old kinda like Mom Mom and Dada
Other notes during this conversation:

"I ride with Dada to the office in the tunnel. Mom Mom goes to Target to look at airplanes and to Wal-mart. "O" is for Target" (the O Target logo sign he sees from the street)


0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates