Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Little Boy Blue All Bundled Up!



Today was our first official day of snow here in Washington, D.C. Even though we only got a few inches, schools were closed which allowed William the day off from Mother's Day Out. We partied hard by introducing William to snow. This wasn't exactly his first encounter with snow since he was born on a snow day 2 years ago and I took him out last year for a picture in the snow when he was 10 months.



But, I like to think of today as his first official day meeting snow because at 2 years old, he finally "gets it." He watched outside the windows as the snow kept falling and said, "mama, white snow WOW WEEE!" and "snow blue sky." I explained that we were going outside to touch the snow and although he was slightly confused, he got real excited when I told him he could wear his wheels jammies. Sealed the deal.





I bundled William up in his wheels pj pants, a wheels pj shirt, a turtleneck, and his footed wheels sleeper. Then he put on his fleece warm up and tennis shoes.......see how prepared we were for this? We did our best without a snowsuit to easily zip into. I did try to encourage the snow boots that I bought last month just in anticipation of today, but William would have NOTHING to do with them. I quickly caved because I wanted to keep the entire experience positive.




For the first 5 minutes, William shouted, "WOW SNOW WEE!" and then he'd pretty much had enough. Of course, I kept him outside just so I could get a few more pictures - such the mom. Ava, our bestest buddy, came outside to join the fun and the two little people ended up having a good time.


I think next year he'll be even more excited to see the snow and really play with it. I can't wait for the day when we really get pelted and school is canceled and my boy builds me a snowman and a snow fort in the front yard!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates