Friday, May 1, 2009

Going Buggy




While William was at school today, I set out on a few errands and found myself unexpectedly at Dollar Tree. Anytime I see one, I go in. Dollar Tree can change your life. There are so many hidden gems inside and I can ALWAYS find things that I need....for a dollar, what a deal! Today, I found a bug catcher. I was "bug eyed" when I saw it and knew that William would have a blast catching many a creepy creature this summer.



I gave it to him after school and he yelled with delight, "William's caterpillar mama!" I think William was referencing last week's excitement when Dan found a caterpillar outside the house and brought it inside for William. We put it in a blue bucket with some sticks and leaves, but after a few days we let him go. So, William was really happy to see his new bug house, and set out watching for caterpillars on the front porch. A few minutes into the hunt, he declared, "caterpillar on bricks mama! catch you!" So, I promptly scooped up the lucky house guest and introduced him to his new digs. About 2 hours later, we had 3 fuzzy, little caterpillars hanging out in the bug hut.



William got a kick out of checking them every so often. He'd be playing an intense game of airplanes and race cars and then all of a sudden, he'd spring to his feet and go over to see the caterpillars - "it's good, mama!" and then back to the airplanes!

2 comments:

Nora Greer said...

The Dollar Tree is full of gifts for bribery purposes which we need on a frequent basis...love it!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just found your blog and enjoyed reading it.
I hope you will stop by and visit me. The May give away has started....and next week I will be blogging from Disney World.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates