Sunday, May 17, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MAMA!

f

Today is my birthday! Dan planned a super, jam packed birthday weekend for me and it was great fun! Friday night we all went to the airport for dinner and watched the planes take off and land. Then we headed over to "airport park" where we sat outside and watched airplanes fly within feet of our heads as they came in for a landing at National airport.


Saturday, we drove to Leesburg, one of my favorite places in VA. Leesburg is home to high end outlet shopping! William fell asleep so Dan sat in the car playing games on the blackberry while I did a marathon shopping spin. After purchasing a few new birthday presents for myself, we went over to Blue Ridge Grill for lunch and stopped by Mama's Pies for a homemade birthday pie.


Sunday, we went to church, came home to change our clothes and then turned around headed out again. This time, we drove 1.5 hours to Luray Caverns. William took his nap the entire ride to the caverns, so he was ready to party with the birthday girl when we got there.

For more than 125 years, Luray Caverns has been renowned as a spectacular natural wonder. Today the caverns remain as magical and majestic as when they were first discovered in 1878 by a tinsmith and a local photographer.

To top off the trip, we drove through the Shenandoah's majestic Skyline Drive. It was a wonderful adventure that I will remember always! I had the most fun just celebrating my special day in the company of my favorite boys!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates