Monday, October 12, 2009

House Guests

I have been bad at blogging the last couple of weeks! Dan and I went to NYC with some friends 2 weekends ago and my parents came to watch William. We had a great time in the Big Apple and saw Mary Poppins and Jersey Boys on Broadway.



Then this weekend, we had company come visit us! Ryan, Jessica and Baby Elin came for 4 days to live it up in the nation's capitol.



We had a great time! I got a babysitter for 2 evenings and the adults were able to hit the town for a steak dinner one night and french food the next. We rode the metro into D.C. and showed them Dan's office, toured several monuments, walked around the Capitol grounds, visited the Smithsonians and ate ourselves silly.



The one thing I really failed at was taking pictures of the kids! What????? I never forget to snap pics of the kids! I know, I know....so out of character. However, I did manage to take a few good pictures of the Johnston family and then Ryan took some great pictures of the monuments.


William loved having Elin visit us. The first thing he said to her was "welcome to William's house baby Elin!" and then he proceeded to bring over several of his trucks and books and repeat, "how about this one baby Elin. You like this one?" Then he'd get down at her level (the ground on his tummy) and just smile at her and if she cried, he'd gently lean in towards her face and say, "Baby Elin, it's gonna be ok." Just precious to watch if you ask me!!!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates