Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Patch!



Today was a FABULOUS fall day! The leaves were falling and there was a slight chill in the air that comes when fall is blowing into town! I told William we'd go to the pumpkin patch after school today and he could pick out a "spookie" for $1. Spookies are the tiny, baby pumpkins at our nearby patch. He was excited and told me that he needed to wear his pumpkin shirt so he'd match the patch! I thought that was funny but then again, this mama LOVES a holiday with a theme outfit!




I promptly picked him up at 2 o'clock and the first thing he said was, " mom mom, let's go get a spookie!" We were off to the patch! After looking around and inspecting all the plump pumpkins for picking, William settled on a spookie. He held on to his pumpkin while he walked and around and then......he saw the corn. He gave up his spookie for an ear of corn. What a guy.



I tried to lure him back to buying a spookie, but he was dead set on the corn. So, he gave the cashier a dollar and we headed home!




I am sure this will be the first of several trips to the pumpkin patch!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates