Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Eve ornament gift 2009


Each Christmas I needlepoint an ornament for William. Even though we are only 2 Christmas' in to our traditions with him, my goal is to give him (and my future kiddos) an ornament each year for as long as possible. Eventually, he will have a beautiful tree of handmade memories that I pray he'll always treasure.


I hope each ornament might spark a childhood memory or perhaps represent a significant life event from that year.
This year I made a Noah's ark stocking ornament. I just happened to already have it in my bag of needlepoint canvases and figured it was cute for a little boy like my William (if only I had an airplane, but I didn't want to buy anything new). Once it was finished I realized it was the perfect ornament for William's 2nd year.......TWO BY TWO came the animals into Noah's ark!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates