Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Baptist Church Alexandria Preschool Christmas Program 2009


Today was William's Christmas program at preschool. Music is a big part of the weekly curriculum at preschool and the kids spend a good part of the fall learning their songs for the Christmas show.

Ringing the bells!

This year, William's class sang two songs: Special Baby Jesus and Christmas Bells We Play. Special Baby Jesus had some very simple hand motions and during Christmas Bells We Play, the kids rang jingle bells.


walking on stage like a professional

When they filed onto the stage, William saw me with my camera (I was on the front row posed and ready to click my camera a million times!) and said, "Hi Mama!" He sat up on the stage like a real pro. He sang, he looked around, he stared, he did a few hand motions, he sang some more. When it was over, he told me "Mama, time to go back to my class and play!"

addie, zack, turner, wbb, zane, campbell, ashleigh, grace, caroline, and samuel

The songs were so precious and the kids were all dressed up in their holiday best. After the show, we picked William up in his classroom and headed to the cookies and punch reception with his friends.


Ms. Laurie, his teacher.

Caroline and WBB - always sit by each other for lunch

WBB and Grace

It was great fun to watch them perform but what amazed me the most was the class of one year olds. They all looked SO SMALL! All the memories of last year's show came rushing back to me and I just can't believe how much William has grown up in one year. Although he still seems "small" to me as an almost 3 year old, I remember thinking at the time how "big" he was as a 20 month old! It's so easy to loose sight of the fact that they are still such little people.......no longer a baby but moving up to big boy!

WBB 2008 as a one year old preschooler

What a difference a year makes!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates