Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bebe's trip!


Bebe found an E-saver ticket and hopped a plane to see us! No one was more excited than William. He LOVES LOVES LOVES his Bebe. I told him Bebe was coming to visit about 3 days before she was scheduled to arrive. For three days and about 3 millions times, William asked me none stop "Bebe's coming today? Bebe is going to bring William a surprise and ride American Airlines to see me!" He just couldn't wait for his best friend to play for the weekend!

We had a great time during our very fast 2 days of fun. William and Bebe played airplanes during any spare moment we were home. Saturday night we all went downtown to the Natural History Museum to see all the animals and the butterfly exhibit (real butterflies flying around a green house and if you are lucky, they land on you!). We had dinner at Great Stuff Burgers on Capitol Hill and walked around the mall to view the monuments.



Sunday we headed to Leesburg to shop at the outlets and ride the car ferry. Sunday evening we all walked to Shirlington for dinner. Then on Monday, we took William to preschool and Bebe and I just ran some errands and ducked in a few shops.

We took Bebe to the airport around 3:30 on Monday. William was caught up in the thrill of being at the airport and didn't really "get it" that Bebe was leaving for good. When we got in the car to come home, William completely lost it. He was SO SO SO SAD that his beloved Bebe was going back to Oklahoma. "Mom mom, I want my Bebe. I love Bebe and I want Bebe to come to my house and play airplanes!!!!" I kept telling him that we'd ride an airplane to Bebe's house for Christmas but the tears just kept coming out of his eyes.

Then.......I handed him a shiny new Air Force One airplane and suddenly, the tears stopped.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates