Monday, November 9, 2009

Bus, Bus, Look at Us!




Well, we woke up on Friday with absolutely no plans. The weather was crisp and sunny so I knew we had to take advantage of being outside.

William has always been curious about the Washington area metro commuter buses. They are everywhere around town and a way of life for the community. In other cities people would never set foot on the city bus, but for people in Washington D.C., the bus is as common as a car.

I use to ride the metro bus to and from work every day for 7 years before I had William. It was easy, fast and allowed me the opportunity to "just sit" and avoid the hassle of the terrible D.C. traffic. There are several bus stops along our street and William has grown up seeing the buses pass by all day long.

So Friday I asked him if he wanted to ride the city bus and his eyes turned as big as saucers! "Yes mom mom, let's ride the city bus! I need to wear my red hat!"

We walked to the corner of our street and boarded the 22 A Pentagon bus. William was FIRED UP and boarded the bus like a pro. We were the only people on the bus (it was 11am) and William marched right to the very back and took a seat on the "upper deck." He never made a peep. He just watched every move the bus made and when the automated voice announced the next stop, he'd repeat it to me as if I needed to know where we were going.

Hilarious. He was in awe.

Once we arrived at the Pentagon, we boarded the 25A Ballston bus which would take us right back to our street. William was NOT interested in going home. "Mama, not going home! I want to stay on the city bus a ton of times!!!"


So, we drove right past our house and kept on a truckin' through town! We toured the city streets from our bird's eye view on the bus and William had the time of his life. I am sure we'll be riding the roads all winter!

2 comments:

rachelglomset@gmail.com said...

What an appropriate outfit for bus day! Leave it to you to have THE attire for every occasion! LOVE you and that kid...ahhhh i just want to squeeze him. Miss you all tons! Look forward to our morning commute convo tomorrow...

krhjohns said...

That is hilarious. Andrew and I rode a bus from downtown to the airport once and he loved it too.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates