Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Adeline is 2 months old



Miss Adeline Hendry Barron is officially 2 months old - or as I like to say, "8 weeks old."  Somehow talking in "weeks" rather than "months" makes her seem so little to me.  And, even though she's still so small and fits in the nook of my arm, Adeline is big to us.  She's growing so fast and I never want to put her down.  I am just NOT ready for her to outgrow my cradle hold.  Adeline, you love to lay horizontally across my chest with your head resting in the crease of my left arm and elbow, with your tummy on mine and your feet dangling over my right side.  Once you find this position, you are in heaven.  You will lay like this for HOURS and stare up at me.  I stare back at you in complete awe.  You are beautiful and you bring our family endless joy.






You smiled for the first time at 7.5 weeks old. 

At 8 weeks old, Adeline is 12 lbs and 24 inches long.  She's in the 95%tile for height (GO DADA GENES!) and in the 71%tile for weight.  The doctor said she's right on track and "long and lean."  Super model in the making?  Adeline is entering 3-6 month clothing, her eyes are still blue, and her dark hair is breaking off but not necessarily lighter in color.  Her hair is not as thick in places, but she can still hold a hairbow! She likes her pacifier, but doesn't need it all the time.  She usually likes to suck on it when she's tired or right after a meal.


Adeline, you are starting to talk to people too.  You love to coo and move your tongue around your lips when people are in your face making conversation.  You'll scream with happiness and move your mouth around in various smile positions.  I think it is so fun when you engage in conversation with me.  I can spend a long time just chatting with you while you smile back and holler at me.  Your best smile times are when you wake up from a good nap and/or first thing in the morning.  

Engaging in conversation has also led Adeline to practice tracking people with her eyes.  She's great at this and if she hears Mom Mom, Dada or William's voices, she'll start moving her entire body in excitment.   Her neck strength is pretty amazing for 8 weeks too.  She'll lift her neck and keep her head up over your shoulder for quite awhile.  She loves for us to carry her around the house in a cradle hold while she just takes in the view.  She won't make a peep, but her eyes will watch in wonder as we carry her around the house on the grand tour.

Our little lady was taking 4 ounces of formula for awhile before we noticed her spitting up more often.  So, we reduced the feedings to 3.5 ounces and so far, she's able to keep the milk down.  Feedings are usually every 3 hours during the day and when she's hungry, she'll definately let you know!  
She's also wonderful at night.  Adeline has always known night from day.  She's a cat napper during the day which means she usually naps 30 minutes off and on.  In the late afternoon anywhere between 4-6pm, she will take a 2-3 hour nap.  I think this is because she's got to catch up from her busy day of being awake.  At 8 weeks old, she will usually eat around 8pm before calling it a night.  She'll sleep from 8pm (give or take a hour) until 3:30 am.  She'll wake up around 3:30/4am and have 3.5 ounces of formula.  She'll go right back to sleep and I will feed her again when she wakes up anytime between 6:30 and 7:15 am.  So, I would say that she's a great sleeper so far! 
Adeline also recognizes William and she'll watch him in wonder.  William ADORES Adeline and I would say the feeling is mutual.  It's such a blessing to witness their unspoken affection for each other.  I am so happy to know that William is her pint sized protector.  He's the first to find her in the mornings for a kiss, he takes great pride in holding her as well as finding her pacifier when she's mad.  He tells his friends everyday, "hey guys, have you all seen my baby?"  He's also the first to tell you that he's in charge of the backseat of the car.  His job is to report to Mom Mom if Adeline is awake, asleep, fussing, spitting up, etc.  I get a througho play by play with every roadtrip.


Adeline, we love you.  The last 8 weeks have been the pink of perfection! 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates