Saturday, December 29, 2012

Anna Elizabeth is 3 months old




Anna, you turned 3 months old on Christmas day.  What a celebration!



I forgot to take you to the doctor for a 2 month check up, so we went last week for a 2.5/3 month check up.  You are 12 lbs 6 ounces (61%) and 23 3/4 inches long (74%).  Your eyes are still a beautiful blue color and your skin is quite pale.  I think it is so pretty.  Your hair has lost some of the reddish tint, and it appears to be blonder in a few places and dark in others.  Your face is round and your legs are long.  You wear a size 3-6 month clothing and sometimes a 6-9 month one piece to accommodate your long legs.  You wear a size 2 diaper and drink 5-6 ounce bottles every 4 hours or so.





This month has been so much fun because you LOVE LOVE LOVE to talk.  Your eyes get really big and you smile from ear to ear.  When you lock eyes with us, you coo and screech for a long, long time.  If we stick out our tongues, you immediately stick your tongue out too.  Sometimes, you will even start your conversations with your tongue out and then when we do it, you laugh out loud and smile really big!  It's kinda like your own way of talking to us.  Your conversations are the most lengthy in the late evenings after William and Adeline go to bed.  I treasure our chats and every time we visit, I want to remember how you sounded at this age.  I have tried to capture your smiles and voices on the video camera, but when you see the camera, you are less chatty.  So I am counting on my heart to remind me of these precious late night conversations. 






You tolerate your car seat but you really prefer to be in my arms so you can see what is going on around you.  When I stick you in the car seat, you sometime strain your neck upward like you are really trying to sit up and see the world.  It bothers you to be strapped down under the buckles!  I have put you in the body carrier facing outward and you LOVE the ride.  I can get a lot done if I "wear you" on my body and have my hands free! 


Anna, you are such a love.  I can kiss your checks and hold you in the nook of my arm forever.  3 months seems like 2 days.....oh the time is just flying by!  I go to bed every night looking forward to seeing you in the early morning darkness.  And every morning I wake up so thankful for you. 


 




 



At 3 months old, you sleep most of the night.  Your current pattern is that you snooze in the evening around 8pm and wake up around 9pm.  You stay up and we play or chat before you go to bed for the night.  This can be anywhere from 9:30-11pm.  You sleep all night until I hear you around 5am.  Sometimes you are hungry and I will give you 2 ounces of milk and then you will go back to sleep until 7:30 am.  Other times, I don't feed you at all and instead, I just hold you on my chest.  You hunker down in the crack of my elbow and sleep there until 7:30 am or when you hear William and Adeline.  I love holding you while you sleep.  I don't care if I create a habit for your sleep pattern.  I just love that time with you and covet every single second of every single day with you.

Dada has taught you to stand on his legs while he holds your hands.  You really, really like this.  In fact, you will talk and smile to the person who helps you stand up.  If you are sitting on my lap, I can feel your legs straighten and your head bob forward which lets me know that you want to stand up for awhile.  It's a great workout and seems to tire you!



Oh Anna baby, you are so loved.  William and Adeline think you hung the moon.  William loves to hold you in his lap and Adeline likes to find your pacifier and shove it in your mouth!  It makes me happy to see the 3 of you together.  I pray that you guys have a bond of friendship that far surpasses just being brother and sister.  I believe you all have a language all your own and it's a complete joy for me to watch.

We love you sweet girl.  You are the delight of our heart!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates