Monday, April 29, 2013

Anna Elizabeth is 7 months old

This month Anna, you are 7 months old! 


You are 17 pounds 2 ounces and 27 inches long.  You wear a size 9-12m clothing and a size 4 diaper.  Your hair is slowly coming in and seems to be blonde with a hint of light red, "strawberry blonde."  Your eyes are still bright blue and you are talking, cooing and shrieking more and more!




You love to eat baby food and there really isn't a food you detest.  Of course, you love all the fruits, but you do seem to enjoy all the orange tinted veggies as well.  This is a little problematic considering the orange veggies can tint your skin!  Nevertheless, you gobble it all up and more often than not, you will eat 2 cartons of baby food for each meal.  Your bottles have gone back down to about 4 ounces at a time, but that is normal since you now have food at your disposal.



Sleep......on my sweet Anna.  Sleep.  It's a toughy at night.  You go to bed without a problem around 8 or 9pm.  Your best stretch of sleep is from the time to go to bed until sometime between midnight and 3am.   At this point, you will wake up looking for me and Dada.  You are not hungry, but you cry and cry wondering where we are and why you are in your bed.  We also want to sleep, so most every night you end up in our bed.  Your little head hits our pillows and you sink back into a deep sleep.  However, you move your hands around feeling your way towards us.  Then one of your hands holds onto Dada and the other holds onto me.  You sleep so still until 7am.  Most people would be aghast that you end up in our bed, but I don't care one bit.  In fact, I love it.  You are only so tiny for such a short time, and I relish your babyhood.  No matter the challenge, I never ever wish a single second of your babyhood away.  I love it.  I love you.  I know you will outgrow this phase, so for now, I look forward to my 3am wake up call.

At 7 months, you sit up and play easily.  You love it when I pile up toys in your lap so you can grab them, study them, chew on them and talk to them.  Your face lights up with a huge grin the second you see or hear Adeline and William.  Your eyes track their every move.  William can make you belly laugh so hard even when he's not doing anything but sitting still on the floor with you.  Adeline LOVES you to pieces too.  She mimics our "baby talk" voices and she gets right up in your face every single morning with, "Anna Baby!  You sleep good sweet girl?"  There's always the same sound in her voice as if she's trying to talk to you like a real Mama.

You still hate your car seat, but Dada just changed it tonight.  He set up Adeline's old seat for you which means the infant carrier is done.  I can't wait to see how you like your new ride! 

You are also very tolerant of my daily routine with your siblings.  We are in the car alot and have sports after school for a few hours, but you are a champ.  You love to sit on a blanket in the grass and watch William practice and you stretch out and watch the world around you.  You are very aware of sounds and people. You don't mind if others hold you, but I can tell your eyes sorta panic until you spot me nearby.




At 7 months, you are a happy, smiling little lady.  You make our lives so much fun and we are so very grateful for you!  You are the delight of my heart and the greatest gift of my life.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates