Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day Two of D.C. Blizzard 2010













So we woke up on Saturday morning to find 20+ inches of snow on the ground and more just pouring down from the sky! It was AMAZING. Washington, D.C. and the surrounding suburbs have not seen this much snow at one time since 1922. I don't even think my pictures do it justice!

Carrie and I went out this morning to survey the streets. I think it's the only time in the history of me living in D.C. that I was the only person (besides Carrie) on the street. And, it was dead quiet. The snow is gorgeous and there is just something so calming about being surrounded by a white blanket of snow.



We took William out for a spin on the sled this afternoon and stopped at the 7-Eleven for some Oreos. He loved riding in the sled and couldn't believe all the snow! "Mom Mom there is snow on the 7-Eleven also and you can't see the trees."

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates