Sunday, February 7, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!




Trying to get the #3 to show up in the snow. Didn't work that great.



Today was William's 3rd birthday. The 24 inches of snow plus William's bad cold have kept us inside most of the day. Luckily my child can play for HOURS at home and is perfectly content with his toys. However, we did take him out on the sled again and hiked over to his favorite store, 7 Eleven, to pick out a few birthday treats (oh the things that satisfy a 3 year old!). He selected a jug of milk, 2 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and a box of Junior Mints. He struggled between the Junior Mints and Alphabet Gummy Letters but told me, "Mom Mom I need to make a choice." I just laughed because that is a phrase I repeat many times everyday.

We came back inside and just played with airplanes and race cars. He loves a good game of Memory and Hi Ho Cherry-O too.
The bright side of being snowed in on his birthday is that he received a few new presents right before the storm hit. So, we have had a few "fresh face" items to enjoy during our hibernation.

His favorite new toy came from Rachie and Doc - A NEW AIRPLANE TENT! He loves it!


Here he is showing me 3 fingers on each hand to document his "new number" since "Mom Mom, I am not 2.5 now. I have a new number 3."



He also got some new books (another FAVORITE thing as he LOVES to read books)




and we gave him the LeapFrog Scribble pad. Another hit!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates