Sunday, October 24, 2010

18 weeks of picture perfect PINK!

 Dan and I went to the ultrasound doctors on Friday, Oct. 22nd for my "big ultrasound and gender reveal."  People asked me if I was nervous, and yes, I was very nervous.  I am so very thankful for this precious gift.  Life is simply a miracle.   William has been a complete joy to us and I would take 10 million more of him in a heartbeat.  So, my nerves were not a matter of pink or blue.   I just wanted to see a healthy baby on the screen.  

Our ultrasound tech was a dream.  She was incredibly thorough and spent about 45 minutes  checking off every single body part and function.  We could see the baby open and close their mouth, open and close their hands, and wave their feet at us.  
Then it came time for the reveal.  She asked me if I wanted to know the gender, and I of course said "yes."  When asked what I thought it might be, I just threw out "boy" because boys are my world! BUT I WAS SO WRONG!  She said, "well, you might want to rethink that! IT'S A GIRL! And, she looks great!"

I burst into tears.  Tears of joy.  Tears of thankfulness.  Tears of complete humility for the healthy baby God has given me.  Tears only a mommy knows.  Tears of excitment for the journey ahead.  Tears for William knowing he's got a best friend who will walk with him through life.
Bring on the PINK!  

18 weeks Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 18 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby B is the size of a large pickle
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 4 lbs plus a few.  going back to the doctor in a few weeks.
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my maternity dresses (which I prefer) but I have also busted out my maternity pants. Don't like anything tight around the waist.  Legging are my friend.
Gender: IT IS A GIRL!
Movement:  A little bit.  I felt a thumbing between by breast bone all day on Tuesday.  She's been pretty quiet since then.
Sleep: I sleep on my left side and wake up a few times in the night to readjust myself.  Cannot sleep on my right side because it is so uncomfortable.  Same with sleeping on my back.
What I miss: jogging, but I am trying to walk when the weather cooperates.  Climbing 42 stairs to my door everyday, several times a day is also handy.
Cravings: fruit, vegetables, orange juice, yogurt, so thirsty for water, and finally I can withstand a salad!
Best Moment this week: Seeing my sweet baby girl moving and grooving on the ultrasound screen. 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates