Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011


Monday, March 21, 2011 is a day unlike any day I will ever experience again.  It was THAT MOMENT in time when the clock couldn't tick fast enough to keep up with my intense desire to meet my daughter.  My heart was bursting.  I NEEDED to see her.  I NEEDED to hold her.  I NEEDED to kiss her.  I NEEDED to tell her, "I am your mommy!"

On Monday, March 21st Dan and I had to be at the hospital at 7am to prep me for my 9am scheduled C-section with Dr. Siegel.  Dan told me early on that he was not going to be able to go into the delivery room and watch me have surgery.  The first time with William just proved to be too much.  I was thankful that he voiced his opinion ahead of time and so we decided that my dad could be the one to go in with me.  I was proud to have my dad in the room when I welcomed my sweet girl into the world. So, the 3 of us left for the hospital while Bebe stayed behind to help William get ready for school.








Bebe dropped William off with Carrie and Ava around 7:30 a.m. and it was decided that Carrie would just take him to school (spring break camp at his school) on her way to drop Ava off at school too.  Bebe came on to the hospital and met us in my prep room around 8:00 a.m.  I was busy getting hooked up to IV machines and answering lots of questions from the nurses.  Meanwhile, I nearly fainted when the first nurse tried to hook up the IV in my hand and busted my vein.......not off to a good start! LOL.  Nevertheless, I kept my focus and my excitement trumped my veins!

At 8:50 a.m., the nurse came in to tell us it was almost show time.  My heart filled with every single emotion you can possibly come up with and more.  I was ready.  So, after I said good-bye to Dan, they wheeled me down the hallway and into the surgery room.  All the nurses were fabulous and friendly and walked me through everything that would happen.  As it turns out, the anesthesiologist was the SAME LADY I had in the operating room with William.  That brought me such comfort and I told her that I remembered her.  The doctor and the staff came in for the delivery and so did my dad.  I told him to turn on the camera and be ready to take TONS of pictures for me.

The delivery was simple and fast.  I barely felt any sensation at all and I just kept staring at the ceiling waiting...and waiting....and waiting....just praying that I didn't faint or get sick.  I prayed endlessly that I could remember every single second of THAT MOMENT.  *And, it's a good back up to write about it for the blog!

AND THEN I HEARD HER.  Tears flooded down my face. 








I remember asking, "is she ok?" and then I heard the doctor say, "she's perfect."  Just like with William, my heart has never been so thankful and my soul has never felt a love like it did IN THAT MOMENT.  





When they lifted her above the curtain time stood still for me.  I won't forget it.  Never.  Yet another snapshot of my life emblazoned in my mind forever.   I remember seeing her off in the corner and I was stunned by her pretty head of dark hair.  William was not born with hair, so I was totally surprised that my sweet girl came into the world ready for hair bows!

Once they cleaned her up and my dad stopped taking a million pictures, I got to hold her.  I remember kissing her head and holding her hands and telling her over and over that I am her mom and that I was so thankful she was here and about all the prayers I sent to Heaven in hopes that one day she'd be mine.

9:51 a.m. was THAT MOMENT.

Her name is Adeline Hendry Barron and she weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz and was 20 inches long.  She came into the world with a full head of pretty, black hair that just beckons a hair bow! She's perfect. My sweet Adeline.

The nurses took me down the hallway to the recovery room where Dan was waiting for me.  There are no words to describe his expression when he met his daughter for the first time.  Simply the best.  A daddy's heart changed forever in THAT MOMENT.







We spent 45 minutes or so together, just the 3 of us.  We held her, we talked about her every scrumptious wrinkle and starred at her in complete awe.








When I was feeling better, we headed upstairs to my room.  We spent the rest of the day just soaking up every inch of her.  We took a million pictures and Bebe and Pops got to meet her too.









Dan brought William up to the hospital to meet Adeline on Monday night.  William's first moment with Adeline deserves a post of it's own, so stay tuned to hear about one proud big brother who adores his new baby sister.

1 comments:

The Spence Family Blog said...

I think I've just soaked up my shirt sleeve with tears! What a beautiful recap of Adeline's birthday. She's so precious and I am so happy for the Barron 4! xo

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates