Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twas the day before....

Today is the day before my c-section!  Baby Girl Barron will be here tomorrow by 9:15am and I can hardly believe it!  I have to be at  the hospital by 7am and the c-section starts at 9am.  Baby Girl's birthday coinsides with William's spring break at school.  Luckily, his school offers a spring break camp from 8-5pm Monday-Wednesday.  So, I have signed him up for the all day session on Monday and a half day on Tuesday.  He is looking forward to going to school and I am thankful to stay with his routine and know that he'll be well taken care of while I am delivering his new sister.  I am also very thankful for a handful of friends who have offered to take care of William, run errands or just be on call should we need last minute help.  It means so much to me to know that William will be in good hands while Dan and I (and at times, my parents) are in the hospital.

We spent today just hanging out and taking it easy.  Bebe and Pops are here and have been staying at a hotel nearby.  William has spent the night with them the last couple of nights and this morning we watched him play in the swimming pool with Pops.  After they cleaned up, we came back to the house and let William play for a bit.  Bebe realized that she forgot her camera battery, so the boys headed to Best Buy for a replacement.  I took a much needed rest on the couch.  Once I was feeling better, Bebe and I headed out to pass some time at Tuesday Morning, Target and an open house tour in the neighborhood.  While we were out, the boys had returned from Best Buy and were outside on William's bike and the hiking trail behind our house.  They were gone for awhile and returned with great appetites.  I was in the mood to eat at home, so Bebe and I made dinner at the house while Dan and Pops hit up Five Guys for a burger.  Afterwards, Bebe and Pops headed back to the hotel.
Dada, William and I had a quiet evening and spent special time together.  We did what we do best.  We spent a long time flying airplanes with our favorite little pilot.  We built a big airport and created an elaborate story about air traffic control and all the planes.  On any other night it would have been a typical routine for us, but THIS NIGHT was extra special. It was bittersweet. I just stared at William and found myself mezmerized.  How did we get so lucky?  He's going to be a great big brother and I cannot wait for his baby sister to meet him.  She's going to love him more than he'll ever know!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates