Sunday, June 26, 2011

Great Grandparents






My grandmother, "Meme," has a brother named John who is married Lou and they live in Virginia!  John is 93 years old and my Meme and Mac came for their annual visit to see him.  My grandparents, Mac and Meme, are in their 90s too.  Yes, at their age they braved the airport with luggage in towe and boarded the 3 hour flight to see all of us.  Never mind that a week earlier Mac and Meme road a bus to Branson, MO to see a play with a group of friends.  Did I mention they are really 90 and 92 years old?  





I pray every single day that God will bless me with the same good fortune my grandparents have been given.  They have seen their children grow up and marry, they have watched 5 grandchildren grow up and marry, and they have held 6 great grandbabies in their arms.  They've witnessed countless milestones in our world from the dust bowl days to the Iphone.  I am incredibly thankful for their health and their endless love for family.  






Like I said, this trip was to allow Meme and John another sweet visit with each other.  However, it was also the first time Mac and Meme got to meet Miss Adeline (baby number 6 on the great grandkid list).  I was so excited for them to hold Adeline and have time to play with her, talk with her and study her every move.  I remember the second I handed Adeline to Mac.  I don't think I was half way out of the car before he had his hands on her.  And, I remember telling myself to NEVER forget THIS MOMENT.  My grandpa, age 92, carrying Adeline into the house to meet my Meme, her great grandmother.  How often does anyone get this chance?








We had more fun taking loads of pictures and telling Mac, Meme, John and Lou a bunch of "Adeline stories."  William was right in the thick of things too.  He spent a lot of time telling them about airplanes and drew John a few pictures of intricate airport runways.  He took Lou outdoors to build an ant farm and Mac presented him with a cool glide that you fired off from a gun.

 
We stayed 3 hours and had a ball.  A few times I caught myself just staring at the scene.  4 adults 90+ years old who were playing and carrying on with my 4.5 year old and my 3 month old.  It was THAT MOMENT which reminded me how precious life is and how thankful I am for time.  









0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates