Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy 9 Year Anniversary to us!

Thursday, August 16, 2012 was our 9th wedding anniversary.  It feels like yesterday. 

There is no one else I want to walk through life with, no place I would rather call home, no other little faces I love more than the four I kiss each day, and there is no other aisle I would rather walk down to meet the most incredible future I never knew I would have...........I love you Dada.  Thank you for making my life more amazing every single day.


This picture was taken by William (using my Iphone) last night before we cut into our anniversary cookie cake.  I laugh at this picture because it totally sums up life at this very moment. 


The picture is so blurry, but yet the last 10 months of our lives have been somewhat of a blur.  A move across country, a new baby coming in 5 weeks, a new house remodel under construction, a new school year.....it's all moving so fast!

Seeing Adeline in the picture reminds me of how quick the last 17 months have gone.  In the blink of an eye, my baby girl is a busy, fun loving, chatterbox of a toddler.  Knowing my William is behind the camera reminds me how fast he's growing up - his independence, the "mom I can do it on my own.  let me show you" attitude, kindergarten, the listening challenges,and his intense love for all things Adeline.  They seem so big to me, but I try to hold on....but it's kinda blurry.

Then I see myself.  9 months pregnant with my third baby.  My third baby! A dream that delights my heart and completes me.  And I only have 5 weeks to go.  It's been such a blur, so fast and so full of joy. 

And the cake and the flowers....the cookie cake isn't perfect...it's got a few nicks and crumbs which just remind me of the last 9 years.  Full of happiness, tears and the challenges life brings.  But the journey is intensely sweet.  Sweeter than chocolate and simply a sugar high I'd gladly eat every single day with my little family.  And holding those flowers, well Dada always brings me flowers on my anniversary.  And with all the changes we've experienced the last 10 months, these flowers sum up our journey. 

Bloom where you are planted. 

And that's just what we have done. 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates