Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WBB goes to Kindergarten!

Today was William's first day of KINDERGARTEN!  I can't believe he is even old enough for me to say that out loud!  It feels like yesterday when I first dropped him off at Mother's Day Out.  How the years have flown by! 

 I couldn't be more proud of my "best boy."  He's everything I could possibly ask for all rolled into a happy, polite, always curious, question asking, adventure seeking 5 year old.  We've blazed quite a trail over the last 5 years and it makes me so happy to see William face new challenges and conquer them with a new found independence. 

Although Kindergarten is a big deal, I will be honest and say that for me, it was just another start to a new school year.  For the last two years, William has gone to school 5 days in a row and last year was 5 days, all day from 9-2:50.  This year, the only major difference is that Kindergarten is from 8:05 a.m. until 3:05 p.m.  So the day is just a little longer.  That said, I didn't feel any anxiety or wheepy emotion as I let him out of the car.  He was fired up to see his friends, explore his new classroom and get back into his routine.


This morning I snapped a cute picture of him sporting his backpack and holding a sign that says, "When I grow up, I want to be an Air Traffic Control Operator."  Such a fitting start to our day!


When I picked him up from school, he told me all about using the Smart Board on the wall, drawing a picture at the "U table," finding his cubby and learning the names of 4 new friends.  He also told me how much he's going to love being in Mrs. Rains class because she is just super nice and gave him a hug when he walked through the door. 

My boy was all smiles and I am so thankful for his positive start to Kindergarten! 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates