Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011





We had a wonderful Christmas Eve this year. I have an incredible family and everyday I am so thankful that God gave me this life.  We celebrated with my family, including my 92 year old Grandparents and my cousins.  This has been tradition since I was a baby and every year we have a great time.  I cannot remember one Christmas Eve when we didn't laugh our heads off.  One of my favorite memories is always my Grandpa, Mac, showing up on Christmas Eve with 15 HUGE boxes - the same "big gift" for everyone in the family. This particular present was the highlight of every holiday and ranged from malt machines to fur coats.  Christmas Eve is a Johnston-Brown blast!
After Christmas Eve services, we all gathered at Pop's and Bebe's house for dinner and our gift exchange.  Bebe served a delicious meal on her beautifully set tables.  The kids had a great time at the kid table and thanks to cousin Meredith, they had many activities to keep them busy while the grownups ate and conversed.  




 Then it was time for the gifts.  The kids were super excited and eager to bust into the boxes.  Instead of a "big gift" for everyone, Mac and Meme decided to only give the great-grandkids the "big gift" instead.  So the little ones tore into their gift sacks to find the MOST ADORABLE personalized sweaters and hats.  William and Micah tried theirs on for size and don't they look so cute!!
Now that there are 7 great-grandkids to tear through the presents, the gift exchange moves in the blink of an eye.  From what I could tell, everyone was delighted with their gifts, but nothing trumps being together under the same roof.  We are so blessed to have each other and bask in the moments we share.  I am so grateful.


William's favorite gift from Christmas Eve was the Playmobil glider from cousin Micah.  I don't think we've put it down since opening the box!  Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates