Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Anna is ONE MONTH old!

My precious Anna baby,

You are are ONE MONTH OLD! 




One month....I keep asking myself "how did we get here so fast?"  "Please no!  don't be one month old already!" "I wish I was still pregnant with you!" 

Anna baby, I would relive your birthday over and over again....if I could. 

My heart aches just thinking about it.

You are such a sweet, sweet baby.  You weigh 7 lbs, 14 ounces (although I suspect you are gaining because recently your milk intake has increased).  You wear a size 1 diaper or a newborn diaper, but I prefer a size 1 because you are REALLY good at giving me dirty diapers!  Your eyes are as blue as the ocean and I LOVE that about you.  I pray your eyes don't change color because right now they are such a beautiful blue.  You don't have that much hair, but the little sprouts I see actually look red.  I wonder if you will be strawberry blonde or if the red will fade and you'll be end a brunette like Adeline.  Only time will tell! 

You spend your days in newborn clothes, mostly gowns and a sleep sack. You LOVE to be swaddled and you will only take your hospital issued pacifier.  Luckily, I was able to snag a bunch from the nurses before we left.   You are getting better at "liking" the carseat.  I hate to hear you cry while I drive and I will pull over just to put the pacifier back in your mouth.  This helps soothe you and more often than not, you will fall asleep.  You just hate being confined under that carseat harness......I can't blame you.  It doesn't look the least bit comfortable to me either!

You took to the bottle right from the start and I have been feeding you Enfamil Newborn.  You tolerate both the powder and the liquid.  When you came home from the hospital, you were up to 2 ounces of formula every 3 hours.  Now at one month old, you are up to 4 ounces of formula every 3-4 hours during the day.  At night, you are sleeping like a champ.  You usually have a bottle around 9pm and fall fast asleep.  I don't hear from you until around 3 am or so.......after the early morning feeding, you will go back to sleep  or spend some time tooting and pooping.  Once we get you cleaned up and on track, you usually fall back asleep until 6 am or so.  At one month, I can't ask for a better sleep pattern.

Your cry is very distinct.  You don't "cry" a traditional cry.  Yours is a high pitched scream that sounds like a baby bird screaming.  Even one month later, it's the exact sound I heard when you were born and the doctor raised you above the curtain for me to see.  I know your cry from a million miles away.

Adeline and William ADORE you.  Adeline loves to climb up on the couch next to me and say "ENNNNNAAAA!"  "ENNNNNNAAA so cute!"  And she likes to bring you a pacifier any chance she gets.  Adeline knows not to suck on your pacifiers but anytime you have one, she MUST have her own "pah-hee" to suck on too.  She is getting better at learning to pat your head softly and you should see the smile on her face when you and I pick her up at mother's day out.  She is SO SO HAPPY to see us and she is really proud to show you off to the ladies at church.  And every morning, Adeline's first question is "ENNNNNAAAA, where are chu??????" and when she sees you, she bends over and gives you a kiss.  It is such a treat to watch her embrace you.  Adeline will never know life without you, and I am so thankful that you will have each other. 


William is your greatest protector.  He loves you more than I ever thought possible.  He's your biggest fan.  He is always concerned with how you slept the night before, he LOVES to hold you on the boppy pillow and he takes great pride in feeding you a bottle.  Tonight, William helped me give you a bath and man, he was so thrilled.  He smiled from ear to ear while he washed your tiny little body.  You sat still in the sink and just starred at him while he sprinkled the water on your belly.  He was so gentle and careful and asked me "mom, do you think Anna wants me to be the one person in this family who is in charge of her bath time?"  Such a serious conversation and I of course said, "yes!  this will be your job."  William just beamed.  Looking you straight in the eyes and using a quiet voice, he said, "ok lovie buggie.  you are all clean and it's time to wrap up in a towel and get your jammies on."  That moment is in my heart forever.  He's a wonderful big brother and I know that you two will share an amazing bond.  I am jealous just thinking about it!

Oh my Anna.  You are every ounce the delight of my heart.  You are so tiny but yet one month old, you seem so big to me.  I know I can't rewind time or slow down your growth.  It hurts.  just a little.  But I am so thankful for this last month of loving on you.  Your tiny hands, your itty bitty feet.  The way you hold my pinkie in a death grip while you drink your bottle and how your hand clings to my shirt while you sleep.  Or how in the dark of night I can see into your big blue eyes and you look right back at me as if we've known each other forever.  And your precious head fits perfectly in the nook of my left arm and you know exactly where you are when you lay there.  All these moments are seered into my mind and I am holding on just praying I never forget. 

Happy One Month Birthday Anna!  We love you!




0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates