Friday, October 5, 2012

The best big brother

No one loves his sisters more than my William.  He's the proudest, most doting big brother and I am so thankful for him. 
 

He always referred to each of his sisters as "my baby."  He would always say, "when my baby gets here....." etc.  He truly was excited for each of them to arrive and everyday I see William teaching Adeline new things.  He loves to play with her and together they have built forts, raced cars,  explored the mud, crawled through the Thomas tunnel, played tag and hide-and-seek, played store and drawn pictures.  William even reminds me to put Adeline's hairbow in her hair when she gets ready for school. 

Don't get me wrong.  Yes, there are times when someone gets pushed around, tears flow or a toy goes to time out.  But for the most part, those moments are rare. When chaos does erupt, I always remind William that Adeline isn't 5 and she doesn't understand all of his rules.  He knows that, but even still, it can be frustrating when he's spent time building with blocks and Adeline comes in like a tornado to try and play along. 

William adores his Anna too.  He's the first to hold her in the morning and he takes great pride in giving her a bottle and singing her songs.  As I mentioned before, he's got some great lullabies that he will randomly sing to her....it's the most endearing performance to watch. 

So William, your mama is super proud of you and all the leadership you exude on your sisters.  They are the luckiest little ladies I know because you are in their life.  I also know that I can count on you to love them, protect them and cheer them on.  You have a heart of gold and I treasure you.

Mom

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates