Friday, October 19, 2012

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!

I LOVE OCTOBER!  And I knew when we moved back to Oklahoma that October would be the one month out of the year that I would be homesick for Virginia.  The Fall there is INCREDIBLE.  It is SO beautiful to drive through the country towns in Virginia and see the leaves changing and how charming the old town buildings look in the fall scenery.  Our old neighborhood had fantastic trees that would change colors and leave piles of leaves for the kids to jump in.  The smell of fall takes me back to the memories of when William was so little.......Every year, we'd go apple picking in a little country town with rows and rows of rolling hills packed with apple trees.  We hit almost every farm hosting a pumpkin festival or corn maze.  I can still see the beaming smile on William's face when I would pick him up from school early just so we could hit Cox Farm with our good friend, Caroline and her mom.  He LOVED October in VA just as much as I did.  We LOVED taking daytrips in the fall when the weather was perfect and our Saturdays were slow and carefree.   Just thinking about those "good ol' days" brings back so many of my favorite memories with Dan and then with William when he was a baby.  It seems like yesterday when Dan and I plopped William down on the Gettysburg Battlefield so he could practice walking......oh Fall, I can feel the breeze and taste that crisp, fresh fall air in VA......D.C., I am missing you terribly this month!

















0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates