Sunday, September 23, 2012

A big brother's grateful heart

William"  "MOM! MOM!  Can you believe that my new baby is going to be here in just 2 more sleeps?" (Sleeps  = 2 more nights)

Me:  "No, I cannot believe it either."

William:  "Mom, I have so much to do to get ready.  I need to find that beautiful dress that I bought Adeline when she was at the hospital.  I need to give it to my new baby to wear but I think it is in storage.  Oh man!"

Me:  "You know what William, I think it is in storage but I don't worry.  I think Dada will help you find the perfect gift for your new baby."

William:  "Ok.  You know what, I am really going to miss you when you are in the hospital.  I plan on coming to see you and don't worry, they have a cafeteria with cookies. I will take really good care of Adeline and show Amanda (babysitter) how we do things around here."

Me:  "Thanks buddy.  You are my best boy and I am so, so proud of you.  I want you to go to school and keep on having fun while I am gone and that way, you can tell me all about your day when you come visit me."

William:  "Yeah, that is my plan.  When my new baby gets here, I am going to be so excited.  I hope she likes Adeline and me.  Maybe we can show her around and give her a tour of all the toys so she knows what we have to play with.  And, you know what?  I think when my new baby comes home, Adeline and I can get bunk beds and the new baby can take Adeline's crib."

How in the world did I get this lucky? 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates