Sunday, September 16, 2012

Primary School Night on the football field

Friday night was Primary School Night on the Holland Hall football field.  Since school started, William has talked about singing on the football field with his classmates.  He's been SO excited and worked really hard on learning 2 songs for the big show.

Primary School night is basically an evening that celebrates the Primary School kids.  There is a family picnic before the football game, games and snacks for the kids, a chance to meet the cheerleaders and a few football players.  Before the football game starts, the Primary School children parade around the track and onto the field where they sing 2 songs. 

This year the songs were "This Land is Your Land" and "God Bless America."   William has been practicing these songs forever and every night before bed, he wouldn't give me any clues about the 'big surprise" on the football field.  However, he reminded me more than a dozen times to charge the video camera and to get there early for a good seat.



William and I got to school with plenty of time to enjoy the festivities with his friends (here he is running around with Truitt) and eat some dinner.  When Dada arrived, I went over to the bleechers and found a seat for us.  Dada took William down to the track and I thought they might walk together in the big group, but Dada said that William was ubber confident and took off with some familiar faces and a Kindergarten teacher.



We watched the kids parade around the track and once I found William in the crowd, I headed to the field so I could get closer.  Dada fired up the video camera and we happily watched as William belted out his songs and did all the hand motions.  He was very serious about the performance and I could tell he had the time of his life.  He LOVED it.





When we got home and I was putting him to bed, William said, "Oh Mom, I had a great time walking around the track and standing on the field.  I felt like a real big kid on that field where the football players play their game.  I wish we could do it again!"  Quite the budding performer!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates