Monday, May 28, 2012

Good-bye Preschool, Hello Kindergarten!

Well, it's really hard to believe.  William's preschool career is officially over and next fall I will have a Kindergartener! 

WBB first day of Preschool, Holland Hall 2012 (4 years old)


WBB last day of Preschool, Holland Hall 2012 (5 years)

WOW. 

Look at how much you have changed.  In the above picture, you look so little on that first day at Holland Hall, but in the moment, you seemed SO BIG.  How did I even survive your first day at a new school?  You loved it and never looked back.

And check out the picture of you on the last day of preschool.  It's like you turned into Joe Cool! 

WOW.

I remember the day I dropped him off at Mother's Day Out.  William was 19 months old, and he went to school with his first backpack and lunch box.  I left the church a nervous wrek, and I thought to myself, "I can't believe he'll be in Kindergarten in 5 years." 

And to watch those 5 precious years fly by faster than I could ever have imagined.  All those moments of paling around with him, holding his hand while he learned to walk, celebrating colors, shapes and goofy songs.  Learning EVERY detail about school buses, tromping around in the sandbox, breathing the glory of airplanes every waking hour, reading endless piles of books, memorizing all the Thomas trains, jumping in the rain, and just being WITH MY WILLIAM........how thankful I am for my wonderful boy. 

William, you are truly a fantastic kid and being a part of your world is such a gift to me.  You keep me challenged and you are my best company.  Dada and I are so proud of you.  You love school, your friends and your teachers.  Your manners amaze me.  Your listening skills make me nuts.  I admire how seamlessly you handled your big move from VA to Tulsa.  You embraced your new school and the kids in your class welcomed you with open arms.  Your 5 year old spirit finds the good in every second of every single day.  You put a pep in my step and your friends find you contagious too.  You love with all your heart.
 But alas, I guess it's time for Kindergarten.  I know you are ready and that is what makes me excited for your future.  As I always tell you every night before bed, "William, You are smart, you are kind, you are a good person."

Here's to Kindergarten buddy!  The school years will FLY by fast, but You are sure to SOAR!


Three cheers to growing up!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates